Ideas on how to make a mini fairy garden kids craft with supplies from your local craft supply store.
Fairy gardens are so popular now, and kids just love them. When my daughter was little, she used to enjoy making a small fairy garden with her friend during playdates. They used to have fun imagining the fairies visiting the gardens at night. It’s easy to make a small fairy garden with some supplies from your favorite craft shop, and as a bonus, you can even keep these indoors (perfect for those cold and snowy winter days). Make sure that you shop for these fun fairy garden supplies with your child, so that they can really make it their own. And, while it’s easy to overdo it on accessories, it’s best to keep it uncluttered. Here’s a how to make a fairy garden kids craft, and be sure to add your own spin on it!
How to Make a Mini Fairy Garden
Materials that you will need:
- 1 bag brown sand
- 1 bag small white sparkly rocks
- 1 bag florist moss
- A few larger pebbles
- Various miniature gardening items (we found ours in the miniature section at Michaels)
- One miniature door. Try to find one with a rounded top.
- Miniature flowers
- Glass Container
Instructions to Make the Fairy Garden
- Fill your glass container a third of the way with brown sand. Then, add a layer of white sparkly rocks and another layer of brown sand, leaving several inches of space empty at the top of the container.
- Place the miniature door frame into the brown sand so that it is sturdy and stays upright on its own
- Begin mounding florist moss behind the door frame to form a mounded home for your fairy.
- Place various other miniature gardening items around the inside of your glass container on the brown sand. We used miniature shovels, rakes, pebbles, stepping stones, flower pots, mushrooms and a gnome, but the possibilities are endless.
Now your fairy garden is complete!
Get Our Free Printable
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive our free "13 Organizational Hacks and Tips" printable automatically.