Like most moms, I can definitely improve my grocery shopping strategy. From finding the best value, to figuring out how to bring the kids, to making sure I buy healthy foods (especially snacks – that’s our biggest issue), I know that everyone can use help. Phil Lempert, the Supermarket Guru, is going to help by recording video responses to YOUR questions! So ask away (by commenting on the post), share your favorite tips, and let’s improve our grocery shopping strategy together!
I especially like Phil’s tips about how to bring your children grocery shopping, AND use it as a learning experience. You can click here to read the whole article, but these are my favorite points:
- The most important thing – don’t force a trip to the store when you and/or your kids are cranky, tired, or hungry.
- Let your kids choose a new fruit or vegetable each shopping trip – even encourage them to talk to the produce manager of the store to learn more.
- When your kids beg and plead for something they’ve seen advertised on television, show them how you read the nutritional information and compare different items for the most healthy option
What questions do you have for Phil about strategies for grocery shopping? Leave a comment below and you’ll be entered to win a Guru Goody bag which includes the following:
· Reusable ConAgra foods tote bag
· Coupon for 1 package of Free Hebrew National Hotdogs
· Hunt’s 100% Natural Ketchup (with no high fructose corn syrup)
· Orville Redenbacher popcorn
· 5 Coupons for Marie Callender’s Frozen Meal or Pot Pie
· Coupon for 1 Free Healthy Choice Frozen Meal
· Coupon for 1 Free Banquet Fruit Pie
You’ll get one entry for leaving a comment with your question, and can get a second entry for Tweeting your question with the hashtag #FoodsILove (leave a comment here letting us know what you did). Contest ends at 11:59 ET on 10/20.
Disclosure: This post/giveaway is part of my on-going partnership with ConAgra Foods as one of their Blog Ambassadors for FY2011. I’ve been compensated for my work with the brand. As always, all thoughts and expressions are my own.