Disclosure: Thank you to RAGÚ for sponsoring today’s post and inspiring me to pass on my family traditions.
Good, delicious food is important to my family, and was also a big component of our upbringing. Food is a huge part of both of our cultures, and while we love preparing food, we don’t always have the time to make elaborate dishes. After school is the most challenging time for us, because of all of our kids’ activities. With RAGÚ Homestyle pasta sauce, I can make a delicious dinner for my family quickly and easily.
RAGÚ pasta sauce also has a fantastic heritage based on the tradition of founder Assunta Cantisano. The new Homestyle sauce has a delicious made-from-scratch taste. They take no short cuts in making this delicious sauce, and include blends of herbs including basil, fennel, oregano, and black pepper. You can see the herbs and big pieces of tomatoes right by looking at the sauce. It’s nice and thick too, and hugs the pasta. As a result, each bite of pasta offers a consistent, rich, taste. You can taste the herbs in the sauce, and my kids love it too. It comes in five varieties – traditional, meat, four cheese, roasted garlic, and mushroom.
RAGÚ Homestyle is made with no artificial ingredients, no artificial colors, and no high fructose corn syrup. The homestyle flavor is perfect in our pasta dishes, without long prep time. It works well in one of our favorite school night dishes – Sausage Pasta Bake. We usually grill a few extra sausages on the weekend, and then use the leftovers in this dish on Monday or Tuesday.
Here’s how to make it:
- 1 cup of RAGÚ Homestyle Thick and Hearty Traditional Sauce (can add more or less depending on preference)
- 3/4 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 or 2 precooked Italian sausages, sliced
- 1 package of penne pasta
Directions (30 minute prep and cook time)
- Cook the pasta al dente according to the package directions
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- While the pasta is cooking, reheat the sausage until it’s completely heated throughout
- Drain the pasta and pour it into a casserole dish
- Add the sausage slices to the pasta in the dish
- Pour the RAGÚ Homestyle Thick and Hearty Traditional Sauce over the pasta and sausage
- Top with the mozzarella cheese
- Put in the oven for ten minutes until the cheese has melted and the sauce has heated
Makes approximately 6-8 servings
You can learn more about RAGÚ Homestyle pasta sauce on their website.