Do you love pumpkin spice? It’s definitely one of those quintessential flavors of fall. This recipe for pumpkin spice oreo truffles is perfect for those Halloween parties or Thanksgiving dinners where you need to bring a dessert.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. A purchase/click through one of these links may result in a commission paid to us at no cost to you.
Pumpkin Spice Oreo Truffles
24 Pumpkin Spice Oreos
8 oz. brick of full fat cream cheese – softened
1 Tablespoon solid shortening
1 1/2 cups Wilton pumpkin spice candy melts (Amazon link below)
24 chocolate candy corn
Orange and black jimmies/sprinkles
1. Line a large baking sheet with wax paper and set aside.
2. Finely crush the pumpkin spice Oreos. You can crush them in a blender, food processor or you could even place them in a Ziploc bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
3. Once crushed, place the Oreos into the refrigerator and chill for 15 minutes. This will make it easier to handle.
4. In a mixing bowl, add the cream cheese and crushed Oreos. Mix with your hands until well incorporated.
5. Form the truffle mix into 24 one inch balls and place on the baking sheet.
6. Place in freezer for 15 minutes. This will help the pumpkin spice coating to “set” faster.
7. In a double boiler, melt the solid shortening. Add the pumpkin spice candy melts and stir occasionally until melted. Once melted and smooth, transfer the melted candy to a smaller microwave safe bowl for easier handling.
8. Dip one of the truffles into the melted candy and place on the wax-paper covered baking sheet. Immediately garnish with a candy corn on top and sprinkles before the candy coating “sets.”
9. Repeat step 8 until all of the truffles are coated and decorated. It took me about 10 minutes to coat and decorate the 2 dozen truffles. After about 5 minutes, I had to microwave the coating for 10 seconds to thin it out again.
11. Once all of the truffles are coated, chill until ready to use.
*Keep chilled in an airtight container for up to one week.