Like most moms, I have my ups and downs as a parent. Through those times, I’ve learned some ways to be a better, happier, and healthier parent. It’s not always all about doing everything – it’s more about doing the right things at the right time. But mom and dad still need to focus on themselves too.
Top 5 Ways To Be a Happier Parent
- Make time for yourself. Whether you enjoy a special hobby, girl’s night out, exercise, or spa days, it’s essential that you take time to remember who you are as a person, and who you were before you had children. You’ll be a happier parent, and that will make you a better parent.
- Play! Get on the ground and play with your kids. Dance around with them like no one is watching. Put away the iPhone, turn off the computer, and remember what it was like to be a kid. Your kids will love it, and all of your stress will melt away.
- Stay healthy. This ties in to #1. Make sure you get enough exercise, eat properly, and get your check-ups. A sick parent does no one any good. You need to take care of yourself!
- Let go of perfect. It’s not going to happen. Embrace your imperfection, and be the best parent you can be. Your children don’t want a perfect parent – they want you.
- Enjoy the small moments. Those toddler belly laughs. The soft skin of your little one. The amazement when they see new things. These little moments are the most precious, and they go by so quickly.
What things make you a happier parent?